Thursday, November 28, 2013

Publication Options

For my final project, as stated earlier, I have been focusing on online missionary efforts for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  In particular, I wish to focus on the effects of meta-data, and how it could be used most efficiently. For my final project, I will be creating a wiki-page detailing the need for metadata, as well as links to current labels different platforms use. Hopefully with this curation, others will be able to more easily connect with others who are interested in online missionary efforts as well. In addition, I will write a paper, arguing for the greater need of metadata within the online LDS community, and the need to make personal connections, not just create content.  I have researched some possible locations to submit this paper.

1. Meridian Magazine-This is an online magazine run by the LDS community.

2. International Journal of Religion, Science and Society-This is a call for papers discussing the relationship between religion, science and society.

3. Religion in Society-This is a call for papers relating to topics affecting religion in our society today.

With the second and third options, I would revise my argument slightly to apply to all denominations, not Mormonism alone, although my examples would likely remain focused on the LDS missionary efforts.

I also did a quick search for Kylee and her research involving tourism.  Along with the website I found earlier when doing my altruistic research for her, I also found this call for papers, the ENTER conference, which focuses on etourism, and is accepting papers discussing the entire spectrum of tourism and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment