Monday, September 9, 2013

Call me Kylee

Hello there, my name is Kylee. I am an English major, editing minor. I work as a research assistant for Dr. Dan Dewey, a linguistics professor on campus. I am from Mesa, Arizona, so I love the dry heat, desert plants, and all things Southwestern. Some of my hobbies include reading, four-wheeling, dirt biking, playing sports (especially softball), traveling, and basically spontaneous adventures of any kind. My most recent adventure abroad was last summer when I went to the British Isles on a study abroad. I learned a lot about the history of the English language and about my own family history. I have Scottish and Irish ancestry, so we got to visit some sites that linked back to that. A few months ago I went sky diving, which was one of the most thrilling experiences of my whole life. There are no words to describe free falling above the earth. I am the oldest of the four redheaded kids in my family. I am excited for this class; I think it will be an enriching and enlightening experience.






2 comments:

  1. I like spontaneous adventures, too. You seem like my kind of person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you have had the same experience skydiving if photos were not involved? Just wondering how that factored in. Welcome to the class!

    ReplyDelete