Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hi. I'm Lizy.

Hi. I'm Lizy. Here are some things you should know about me:

1. I am from Texas, just outside of San Antonio. BUT I also spent my junior year of High School in Snowflake, Arizona. So that would make Arizona my second home state. I am very proud of both.

2. I am the oldest of five children in my immediate family and the oldest grandchild on my mom's side. On my dad's side, I have a lot of cousins who are older than me and already married with kids, so I have lots of first cousins once removed--which more than makes up for a lack of nieces and nephews.

3. I am a member of the Quill and Sword Medieval Club on BYU campus. That has absolutely nothing to do with this class.

4. I am single and I have not served a mission.

5. My favorite food is grilled cheese sandwiches. My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough. My favorite candy is Hershey's cookies and cream, but I am also partial to reeses.

6. I was in Dr. Burton's Shakespeare class last winter. He invited me to join this class, so I started reading Moby Dick over the summer and actually managed to finish most of it. Having said that, I think Ishmael is a thickhead but still cool enough for me to like being on his team. I mean, who doesn't want to be friends with a guy who introduces himself with one of the most famous introductions in literary history: "Call me Ishmael." ?
Reading Moby Dick reminds me of the one Shel Silverstien poem about the old lady who ate the whale. Everyone said she was crazy, but she did it anyway. 
And in honor of beginning this semester's study of Moby Dick, today I bought white chocolate reeses at the bookstore. nomnomnom.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lizy so how did you like Moby Dick? I can't remember if you told me in class if this was your first time reading it, but I read an excerpt of it in High School so this is a first for me. See you class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read part of it over the summer. most of it, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have you in another course, Lizy. However, I must state my objection to white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete