Friday, September 27, 2013

The Bright Side

Lizy's post yesterday and a video I saw got me thinking about all of the positive benefits of this digital age that we live in.  Not just the benefits it gives us socially or even for our careers, but all of the positive and inspirational messages now available to us.  While I'm not naive to the dangers and darkness that is out there online, there are so many positive influences as well.  The digital resources we now have serve as tools for people to express their creativity and create beautiful and inspiring videos, entries, and all sorts of other creations. From the virtual choir to an inspiring personal triumph story, even to a little kid President giving a Pep Talk, the internet is full of people trying to add a little brightness to the world.

Dr. Burton mentioned in class once that it's our job to create a positive image of ourselves online. It got me thinking not only do I present an appropriate, professional image, but is it a positive one? Have I really been using the internet as a means to add brightness into the lives of others? Even if that's just my family and friends?  It's a personal goal I have now, to try and be more of a light for others, certainly everyday with those I interact with, but online as well.  I guess what better way to be held accountable to a goal than to share it with any and all who read this post!

The video that got me thinking:


No comments:

Post a Comment