Friday, September 13, 2013

Technology and Education





I really enjoyed class on Thursday and was especially intruded by the way technology is changing the way education is being structured and taught.  My sister recently shard this website with me where it explained how students at Johns Hopkins University got all A's on their final exam.  Here is how they pulled it of.





For me technology has played a huge role in my education.  I personally don't think I could have survived college without Google docs as well as other technological devices that I have used throughout my college education.  In fact, in one my classes last semester my professor  added group projects into her syllabus claiming that technology was preventing students from developing their ability to work in groups, and so she thought by assigning group projects students would actually meet and complete the projects together.  After talking with other students in my class, most of them (including my group) were using things such as Google docs to complete their projects anyways .  I think my professor is a good example of having a sort of a liminal reaction towards technology that we discussed in class about how technology is changing education, which leaves the question whether or not we can or even want to embrace that change as well asking questions of the short and long term consequences of those changes.





1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting that your professor would voice the concern that technology was preventing you from working in groups. I agree with you that technology makes it easier. Not only with googledocs, but with email, PowerPoint, texting, Facebook, search engines, etc. There are so many mediums that we use to participate in groups.

    ReplyDelete