Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conference and Twitter

In class on Monday, Kayla made the comment of experiencing conference through twitter, and like her I decided to check twitter out for myself as well.  Twitter for me was a new and interesting experience and then adding conference to the mix was, well heightened in a way my experience.

One of the things that is quite popular and circulating around on twitter was this
The yawn of the boy in the blue tie:mid song
I must of missed this while watching, and so it came as a surprise to me in both a good and bad way.  My first reaction was how could I have missed this, but it was at this moment when I realized I was connecting with countless of other people and twitter made that possible.

Though this is just a small example of the connection that twitter provides, I can think of many numerous way in which I experience conference through a new medium.  For me personally, I think the next step would be to find a proper balance of using this medium during conference. Lizy touched upon this subject in her post referencing Elder Hamilton  talk about how one uses the Internet and I agree that though the Internet is a wonderful thing, it is important to find a good balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment