Monday, October 7, 2013

Prophets and Pinterest

I'm sure we all loved when conference turned on and down in the lower corner was #ldsconf.  I was even more excited to later see that among other things Dieter F. Uchtdorf was trending on twitter! However I think the thing I laughed at the most was when I opened my pinterest account and saw this:
and this...
and this...
Essentially my entire Pinterest feed was full of conference quotes already designed into cute printouts, and it was just the closing hymn. Conference hadn't even ended! It was a huge reminder that we have become extremely accustomed to our digital lifestyle, and often our first instincts are now to post, tweet and pin.  Even though it seems slightly ridiculous to me, I'm excited that these platforms are being used to spread the gospel and share with the entire world uplifting words of truth form modern-day prophets.

#ldsconf

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like how this has become the norm with conference. It's instant content, and we want to share it with others. As a church, this is a huge deal for us so we want to spread it so that others can see what we are learning and how we can incorporate it into our individual lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am amazed of how quickly the conference messages are shared and how we as members are able to connect with each other. For me personally its exciting to be able to have an opportunity to share what I personally learned and was touched by during conference, and then to find out that other people connected to it as well is very thrilling.

    ReplyDelete