Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thoughts on Midterm and Paper



Here are some of my thoughts on the midterm.  The paper for me was really hard to write because of the length of the book, this made it difficult for me during my writing process in narrowing my examples and the ideas I wanted to present. For me, most of my problems came from my topic (finding identity within a technology age) which was a really broad topic and so my problem was being specific and narrowing it down so that I would be able to discuss my ideas in a four page paper.

My paper’s ( if you are interested in reading it, it can be found here) thesis was showing the way Ishmael throughout the novel Moby Dick goes on a journey in finding and changing his identity and applying it to how today people in this technological age go through a similar process and journey.  I personally, would like to explore the idea of how today digital culture and technology are changing the way in which we are defining ourselves and the impact that has on not only on our society, but on individuals an individual level as well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the paper presented some difficulties. I was more thrown by the type of paper we were to write. There were few secondary sources to draw on, so I wasn't sure how to make it more than just speculation. But I think your idea on identity has some great potential!

    ReplyDelete