Monday, October 7, 2013

Midterm Part 1

My posts:

Hi I"m Mele
My introductory post about myself.
First Impressions
A post about technology and digital culture and the way in which people define and create identities through using digital culture.
Technology and Education

This post I wrote about the ways digital culture is used in the classroom and how it is changing education.
The Impact of Crowdsourcing
  I wrote about the effect crowdsourcing has as well as listing some of the ways in which crowdsourcing is being used.
Born Again
My feelings concerning finishing Moby Dick and the impact of the personal insights and lessons I had learned from reading it.
Writing as a Process

A response to Ch. 2 of Dr. Burtons eBook Writing about Literature in the Digital Age and the positive impact blogging has on the writing process as a whole.



After reviewing the blog posts that I wrote and my notes from the lecture, I’ve realized a pattern in the themes in both my blog posts and notes surround the use of technology is used and how it is changing our society. For me so far this semester the use of technology and digital culture has really created for me the opportunity to move past some of my fears and concerns that usually surround and are associated with anything digital.  This, then for me, means not completely disregarding the negativity that surrounds technology, but to instead gain knowledge of being able to use technology in a proper and right way so that those negativities can be avoided.

Then how is technology changing and reforming society as a whole?  Specifically, how is technology creating ways for people to connect in ways that people have not been able to in the past.  Is that connection a valid way for people to connect? And even if it is or isn't, what are some of the long term effects and how is it and will it change society and people?  Will the effects be positive or negative?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment